I Scholarship Award
The Louisiana Vegetation Management Association (LAVMA) at their annual meeting each year shall award a $1500.00 cash scholarship to a deserving college student majoring in a filed of study related to vegetation management. Examples of such a curriculum are as follows: agronomy, forestry/urban forestry, agri-business, horticulture, soil science. Other closely related fields of study not listed will be considered. This scholarship will be presented in the name of an individual being recognized for his/her contributions to LAVMA
II The Award
- In addition to the cash award the recipient shall receive a plaque at the annual conference each year commemorating the event.
- Recipients name to be added to the LAVMA website under the
III The Scholarship
- The recipient will be selected by a committee of LAVMA members appointed by the board of directors.
- Students in their senior year or graduate school attending a four year university majoring in a field related to vegetation management are eligible to receive the award. The award shall be given in the name of the Lifetime Recognition Award recipient.
- Current LAVMA board members descendants will not be eligible while they are serving on the board.
- Applications will be reviewed by a scholarship committee and the winner will be determined by a committee and approved by the board and its advisors.
- The completed application form, accompanied with a current official transcript, brief resume that addresses the selection criteria, two one page letters of reference and a personal photograph must be submitted to the chairman of the LAVAMA Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 32, St. Gabriel, LA 70776, by December 30th. of each year.
- Criteria will be judged on:
50% scholarship based on transcripts, grade point average, diversity courses taken; 25% on extracurricular activities/ leadership, club participation and awards received; 25% on personal traits such as character, dependability, work ethic. A particular emphasis will be placed on communication skills.